- Do you feel stuck or unhappy but don’t really know why?
- Would you like to be more effective in your communication?
- Do you want to be able to better manage your emotions?
- Are you looking for a new way to improve your relationships?
- Do you want to find out how interacting with horses can help?
A one-day workshop providing the time and space to self-reflect and learn in a safe, non-judgemental environment. DISCOVER combines mindfulness, theory, reflective and interactive time with the horses to help you to tune into yourself, honour your true feelings and explore how to develop mutually beneficial relationship.
What’s Discover about?
Discover is a one day workshop designed to introduce you to the concept and techniques of Equine Facilitated Learning, and to enable you to experience some of its profound benefits.
You will be guided through mindful and self-reflective exercises, learn to connect with the information of your body and emotions and experiment with your insights. Then, you will have an opportunity to explore your discoveries in an individual experience with one of the horses.
Horses are highly social herd animals, intimately connected to their immediate environment. In the wild they are alert to danger and so are highly sensitive to emotional cues from other members of the herd. When you enter their space, in the context of the workshop, they interact with you in that moment and can help you to become aware of your true feelings. They connect with the real you, not the public mask that you may wear, and can help you to open a line of communication with your true self.
Discover how the Horses As Teachers approach can help you, or your clients, to raise self-esteem and confidence and increase social and communication skills.
Discover is right for you if you:
- Are looking for a new way to develop self awareness
- Want to be able to express your true feelings and emotions and no longer put on a ‘brave face’
- Would like to have more confidence in yourself and improve how you communicate and connect with others
- Are a therapist, coach or trainer and want to develop your own relationship skills
- Want to explore your relationship with horses (or your fear of them…)
- • Want to find out more about the Horses as Teachers, Eponaquest or Medicine Horse Way approach of Equine Facilitated Learning
- Are wondering whether to commit to a private session or the 3-day ‘Connect’ workshop.
When you join us for Discover you will:
- Develop tools for recognising your own ‘gut instinct’
- Learn how to interpret your emotions and feelings as ‘information’ – and make immediate improvements to your life e.g. set a healthy boundary when you feel anger and strengthen your self respect
- Deepen your awareness of non-verbal communication e.g. your instincts, gut feelings and the voices in your head
- Have the opportunity to connect with a horse and establish a mutually respectful relationship
- Discover how the horses as Teachers approach to Equine Facilitated Learning (EFL), could benefit you, your clients, or your team.
To book a place, or for more information, click the button below
What previous experience do you need for Discover?
There are no pre-requisites to attend DISCOVER and no previous experience of horses is necessary
There is a maximum of 5 participants per workshop. Please bring outdoor clothing and suitable footwear. No previous experience with horses required and no riding involved. If you need accommodation please get in touch and I can recommend some great places for you to stay locally..
Time: 9.30am to 4:30pm
Venue: Brickyard Farm, Clutton Hill, Bristol BS39 5QJ
Friday 16th April
Friday 11th June
Friday 16th July
Friday 13th August
Friday 15th October
Friday 12th November